Flea Killer

The Damage Fleas Cause

Pet owners know when a flea infestation hits because dogs and cats show visible signs of irritation. Fleas generally move from pet to human and most Flea bites are below the knee, usually on the ankles. You can also get flea bites on the forearms if you have stroked or held your pet. 

Bites are usually visible as an area of red dots and are generally not harmful to humans. On rare occasions. people develop severe allergic reactions to flea bites and can get irritated by a single bite. One can also get diseases from the bacteria and viruses that fleas carry.

Flea invasions can occur even if you don't have a pet! Rodents, as well as possums, are known to carry fleas and can cause an invasion in your house. 

Adult fleas make up only 5 per cent of the flea population in the home. The other 95% are in the Egg, Larvae and Pupae stage.  

Once adult fleas are discovered, the flea cycle is in full swing and immediate treatment is necessary to eliminate the adult fleas from hatching more eggs and continuing their life cycle. A Flea can hatch 400 eggs in just 2-3 weeks! 

How to get rid of fleas in your home 5 steps

  1. Treat your pets with a quality flea treatment, this will stop them being a host for the adult fleas to feed on and grow. It will also stop fleas from being transported around the property.
  2. Wash bedding, toys and clothing in warm soapy water (this gets them at the egg stage which is vital).
  3. Vacuum the property before and after treatment to remove eggs lodged in the carpets and rugs.
  4. Clear infestations instantly using a single application product. Insect Grenade is a complete do-it-yourself protection kit designed for fast and effective relief from insect invasions. Once you set the canister, the entire contents of the can empties, penetrating those hard to reach areas where insects might hide. We recommended letting off 2- 3 cans of Insect Grenade foggers in the morning. The Insect Grenade contains an Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) to break the breeding cycle of fleas for up to 6 months. The IGR prevents insects in the larval or egg stages from reaching maturity as adults.
    Watch the video about Insect Grenade usage at home. Be sure to cover aquariums, food and smoke detectors. Insecticides can be sprayed on furniture or furniture can be taken apart and sprayed with insect killer. There are special preparations labelled for mattresses.
  5. Establish an ongoing protection. Use an insect killer, that eliminates insects: one that flushes insects out of their hiding places, repelling and killing them. The insect killer should provide 24 hour protection and be safe to use around people, food and pets. Ecomist developed the original automatic insect control concept that has been proven time and again in the most demanding environments. It eliminates flying and crawling insects in indoor and semi-enclosed outdoor areas. 24-hour protection without you needing to do a thing. The  Ecomist Natural Insect Killer uses natural pyrethrins derived from the Chrysanthemum Daisy, sourced from Tasmania and East Africa and manufactured in New Zealand. 

To get in touch with your local Ecomist Franchisee please call 1800 243 500