The products offered in this web site are promoted by Ecomist Systems Pty Ltd (ABN 72 607 352 296). All warranties in relation to products are covered by relative suppliers or manufacturers. Ecomist Systems Limited (New Zealand), the owner of the Intellectual Property Rights and Copyrights in all Ecomist products, do not endorse or warrant any products other than those supplied under the Ecomist® brand name.
Effective as at 30 May 2022
1. What personal information do we collect?
We will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an intrusive way. This information may include records of products you purchase from the Site, or information you provide to us, such as your name, date of birth, address, employer/occupation, contact number(s) and email address.
When you apply for a job with us or apply to become a Franchisee, we also collect information about you, which may include sensitive information, for the purposes of assessing your suitability as a Ecomist employee or Franchisee. In addition to the information above, this might include details about whether you are legally allowed to work in Australia, your employment record or business history, health, level of education, references, criminal history and other personal information relevant to your application to become an employee or Franchisee.
We only collect sensitive information about you with your consent, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act.
2. When do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information about you by the following means:
- when you contact us for information about us or our Franchisees, including the products and services we promote and provide;
- when you register to purchase any products through the Site;
- when you submit orders to purchase any products through the Site;
- when you request to receive communications or other information from us;
- when you apply for a job with us or apply to become a Franchisee;
- when you use the Site and the functionality or services offered through it;
- when you register a user account on the Site; or
- from third parties or publicly available sources, in circumstances where it is impractical for us to collect the information from you directly.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
3. How and why do we use your personal information?
We only process personal information for purposes that would be considered relevant and reasonable in the circumstances.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to reply to your queries and provide information about us and our products;
- to process your registration and maintain your user account to enable you to purchase products through the Site;
- to assist in completing a transaction or order for products or services, including delivery of products, billing you and collecting money you owe us;
- authorising and processing debit card and credit card transactions;
- to provide support in respect of our products or the Site and the functionality and services offered through it;
- to remind you to reorder a product when it is due to run out (if you choose to be notified);
- to provide you with promotional offers and update you on new products, services and benefits;
- to allow you to participate in contests and surveys;
- to contact you for market research regarding our products or services;
- to assess your application for employment or to become a Franchisee;
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- for any specific purpose that we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected; and
- for our administrative purposes.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing messages from us, you may opt out at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details below, or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
Credit Card Information
4. How do we store personal information?
We store personal information electronically and/or in paper form using generally accepted standards of security. In some cases, our third party contractors (e.g. server hosting companies) may store personal information on our behalf. However, we will ensure that such contractors have in place appropriate standards of security.
5. How you can access and change your personal information
6. Do we share or disclose your personal information?
Except as provided below, we will not share your personal information with any other third parties and will not sell, license or rent your personal information to third parties.
Any purchase of products through the Site will constitute a transaction between you and the Franchisee in your region. We may share your personal information with that Franchisee to enable the Franchisee to complete your order.
In addition, we may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- in order for us to carry out any of the purposes referred to in section 3 above, including where the disclosure is in connection with any of these purposes;
- if we are requested to disclose your personal information in the course of a legal or other criminal investigation or proceeding and are required or permitted by law to do so;
- if the disclosure is to one of our related or associated companies or one of our third party contractors with whom we have in place appropriate arrangements preserving the confidentiality and security of the information (including, but not limited to, mail house, delivery personnel, courier companies or server hosting companies).
7. Sending information overseas
Sometimes we may disclose your personal information to our related or associated companies located in New Zealand, where permitted under the Privacy Act.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to these overseas recipients for purposes necessary or useful in the course of operating our business, and agree that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the Australian Privacy Principles, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Privacy Act.
If you do not want us to disclose your information to overseas recipients, please let us know.
8. For how long do we hold personal information?
We keep personal information for only as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collected it (unless we are required by law to hold the information for a longer period).
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
9. Do you need to provide us with your personal information?
You do not need to provide us with your personal information. You may deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym, if you wish. However, if you choose to deal with us anonymously, there may be certain things we cannot assist you with. For example, we may not be able to give you information about your dealings with us as a customer, supplier, or potential employee.
9. What are cookies and do we use them?
You do not have to accept the cookies and you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive cookies. This will give you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept the cookies. Note if you do not accept the cookies, this may mean that you cannot use all the features of the Site.
Although we will take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
12. Who can you contact for further information or to make a complaint?
The Privacy Officer
Address: Unit 1, 1 Hargraves Place, Wetherill Park, NSW 2164
Telephone: (02) 9756 4511
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Shipping and Delivery Policy
We deliver our products using Direct Freight. Shipping costs are a flat rate of $12 + GST and will be added to the order before checkout. Orders are dispatched within 2 business days. Shipping times are estimate at between 1 and 7 business days, depending on your location.
We are not able to deliver on weekends or Australian public holidays.
In the unlikely event that an order is not received, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that we may trace your delivery through our track and trace system.
We cannot accept responsibility if you provide the wrong delivery address has been provided and orders will incur an additional fee to re deliver.
Shipping Destinations & Pricing
All prices are in Australian Dollars
Ecomist ships goods Australia wide, however at this time we do NOT accept international orders through our website. Please contact us on 02 9417 2211 to enquire about a special order.
Please choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision. You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faulty, have been wrongly described, are different to the product purchased on the website or don’t performed as advertised.
When purchasing from Ecomist, card details are transmitted through a secure server using PAYWAY. Card data is not hosted by Ecomist after processing.